Malaysian Pacific Industries Berhad ("MPI") was incorporated as a private limited company on 5 October 1962 under Section 15(1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1940 to 1946 as Federal Paper Products Sdn Berhad and assumed its current name on 25 May 1983. MPI was converted to a public company on 21 April 1969 and was listed on the Main Board of the Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (formerly known as Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange) on 29 September 1983. The authorised share capital of MPI is RM200 Million divided into 400 Million ordinary shares of RM0.50 each. As at 19 November 2009, the adjusted issued and paid-up capital of MPI is RM99,450,209.50 comprising 198,899,419 ordinary shares of RM0.50 each, after adjusting for MPI's purchase of 10,985,000 of its own shares, which are held as treasury shares. Malaysian Pacific Industries Berhad ("MPI") is principally an investment holding company whilst the principal activities engaged by its subsidiaries are that of manufacturing, assembling, testing and sale of integrated circuits, semiconductor devices, electronic components and leadframes to customers world-wide. MPI is a public listed company and its shares are traded on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.