MWE Holdings Berhad ("MWE") was incorporated in the Federation of Malaya under the Companies Ordinance 1940 - 1946 as a public limited company under the name of Malaysia Weaving Printing Dyeing Factory Limited on 2 December 1964. On 30 June 1973, the Company changes its name to Malaysia Weaving Enterprise Berhad. The Company assumed its present name on 23 April 1979. The Company was listed on the Main Board of the Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad on 27 June 1974. MWE is an investment holding company. The principal activities of the subsidiary companies consist of manufacturing and sale of electronic products, property investment and development, building construction and contract works, rental of properties, investment holding, manufacturing and sale of garments, provision of secretarial, share registration, management, insurance agency and nominee services, trading in optical products, general trading, management of golf course and clubhouse, provision of property management services, provision of air and sea freight forwarding services and manage and operate oil palm plantation. The core businesses of the MWE Group are in the electronics, textile and property divisions. A subsidiary company in the electronics division is involved in the manufacture of electronic power conversion products of multinational firms in telecommunications and computer technology. The lighting section of the division has contract with Putrajaya, adding to a list of contracts of other Malaysian landmarks which also include the Kuala Lumpur City Centre Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The textile division has established itself as a reliable and reputable manufacturer of garments and enjoys continual orders from its long term overseas customers.